Monday, February 6, 2017

Nikon D800 Vs Pentax 67 II

So, if you ask me this question the answer is depending on the shoot. In a shoot like this where the model is gorgeous and have great skin it all ends up with the photographers skills in photography and communication. 

As I worked on both photographs in photoshop and retouched them in a way that the client wanted, I started to realise that I spend more time on Digital photo over the film and that was already my first main reason on why I switched to Analogue Photography over Digital Photography. 
What do I mean by I spend more time on digital in photoshop over Film? Well I do spend considerable amount of time on scanning and it takes 2-3 days for Photofusion to process my negatives(the pro photo lab I use for colour and commercial shoots) but I accepted that as a part of my job. Once I sit down in front of the computer to work using photoshop and open both the scanned file and Digital file, I spend about one hour more editing time in the digital file. This extra hour is usually spent on Dodge and Burn tool. With film I spend very little time if not no time at all on Dodging and Burning. 
I used to spend a lot more time editing digital photos before I built a workflow on PhaseOne CaptureOne. With that program, I shoot and directly export files as PSD(photoshop document) with my preset adjustment applied to the photo. 

Here are the two photos below. The photoshoot was originally shot on digital however I just wanted to have some analog photos for my own personal use. Remember the photo I shot with Pentax has no dodge and burn. What do you think? Near future I will write about why I switch to film for %70 of my work. 

Camera: Pentax 67 II + Pentax SMC 105mm 2.4
Film: Fujifilm Pro400H 
Processed in Kodak Flex Colour C41
Scanned with Epson Perfection V750 Pro

Camera: Nikon D800 + 50mm 1.4 

Photographer: Bugra Ergil
Art Director: Su Karaman
Stylist: Estefania Hageman
Makeup artist: Pamela
Hair Stylist: Hussein / Shabnam
Managing director: Yasemin Blum
Nail Tech: Brigit
Model: Issy Knowles @Wilhelmina 

No comments:

Post a Comment