Saturday, July 20, 2024

Testing light and environment

 Next project I am working on is with my classmate Carolina. We are both graduates of LCF class of  2013 and both of us had to learn to climb before we learned how to run. Maybe that's why despite not agreeing in creative direction all the time we still get along and understand each other. 

In projects where lots of creatives will be getting together to create a body of work, the photographer shouldn't disappoint. This is why I would like to go to the location before the shoot and get some tests to see the rough idea of the frame and observe the environment. In doing so, I will be prepared with scenarios where the shooting conditions changes, I now know the direction of the sun and how it will be setting, the areas that will be covered in shadow and how big of a diffuser will be needed if we need one. 

I shoot the backdrop or something alike the backdrop we'll be using with a colour chart to see how the colours will be showing, I also shoot several frames in Kodak Portra 400 and Gold 200 to see how they work with this type of set but they are in the lab. 
The cat invasion of the set.


No comments:

Post a Comment